Thursday, August 21, 2008

some of my work










So I finally had some time to upload a few assignments that I have worked on. The first one is a drawing of a piece of crumpled up paper. The purpose was to understand highlights and shadows without color getting in the way. I don't really know how I feel about this. We spent about an hour and a half on this. I think I got as much as I could out of it. I admit, it was kind of boring, but I got the point.

Next is the dog. Another assignment about learning to shade and how to get different tonal ranges with pencil. Not too complicated yet, but it's an improvement anyways.

Finally, the still life arrangement. I'm mostly satisfied with this one. I need to re-work the background area that's supposed to be the wall. It's too dark and it's kind of dragging the whole thing down with it. I'll lighten it up, and I'll probably rework the highlights in general. Just to get some stark contrast and make it more interesting. I'll be revisiting this drawing in pen wash today. I wasn't thrilled with it at first, but I'm beginning to like it!

I have no grades to report on these assignments. We don't really get graded. Well, I'm sure we have been graded, what I meant to say was, we haven't been told a grade. Then again, I haven't bothered to ask. 

So there you have it. 

No comments: