Wednesday, October 1, 2008

More of last quarters work

I finally found some time to add some more stuff from last quarter. All of it is from color theory. I also have some essays from English that I wound up doing really well on, but I doubt you want to read my research  on Piet Mondrian ;) If you do, email me! My final grades for the quarter were as follows: 

Fund. Of Observational Drawing: A (I don't this this teacher did a point system)
Color Theory B+ (ALMOST an A 89%)
English A (98%)

On with color theory.......

I really loved this class. It was a lot of fun, and I am a total nerd when it comes to this sort of thing. I wound up being only a couple of points off from an A in this class :( It's the only B on my record in two years, but it's all because of my forgetting to turn in my color journal, so all in all, I actually did really well in the class. I'm not TOO upset about the whole B+ thing, but I HAVE considered retaking the class if it's at all possible. Who cares about spending an extra 1500 bucks at this point! But that's another story.......here's some color theory work

For some reason I can't get the images to post in order, but anyways.....the color wheel was actually the first project. It's a split primary color wheel that I clearly could have done better on. And perhaps, if I had redone this assignment for a better grade, I might have gotten an A. GAH! I was lacking in craft in the beginning.

The next project was the value scales. This required a lot of taping and patience.......a virtue that I don't posses. Oh well, I got it done, and with some improvements in my skills at that. I hated this project at first, but I wound up liking it so much that I'm sure I'll be doing similar things on my own. I told you I was a nerd for color theory.

Next was an intensity exercise. I really didn't like the out come of either experiment. Adding grey to lower intensity in the top scales, and adding the compliment of a color to lower intensity for the bottom scales. One looks dull, the other looks like mud. But my craft improved even further. I wound up getting 100% in both design and craft for this one. Yay me.

The final painting project was all about color harmonies.(it actually appears as the first image here) Each block represents a certain color scheme. I really did like this one a lot, even though it took for EVER to get done. I think my grade was 100% for design, and 97% for craft or something along those lines. 

There were a bunch more assignments in this class, but I decided to separate the painting from the color aid projects for the sake of brevity.........which was lost about 18 paragraphs ago. I warned you I loved this subject!

No comments: